Title: Burgess Meredith
In this episode: Canonical launches Ubuntu Touch for tablets. Steam has been officially released for Linux. LG has bought WebOS for its televisions. Tizen SDK 2.0 has been released and Mozilla says there's plenty of interest in its Firefox OS. Hear our discoveries and the interim results of our challenge, plus your own opinions in our internet famous Open Ballot.
Alert! Buy Linux Format on Google Play.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- Tablets are mostly unproductive and soul destroying.
- Send ping to more than one IP address with 'fping'.
- VNC is awesome for connecting to your Raspberry Pi.
- Mary Shelley was only 18 when she wrote Frankenstein.
- Challenge Us!
Hear the exciting mid-term results from our distro-swap challenge.
- Open Ballot: Are you excited by the Ubuntu tablet?
- Our scripts are updating Facebook again.
- Special offer: A subscription to Linux Format magazine is the perfect February gift and is cheaper than many, many things.
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza and Graham Morrison
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer1, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Digital Editions: Linux Format is now available on Android and Chrome with Google Play Magazines, from just £3.99 per issue. It's also available on both Apple's iPhone/iPad/Touch and Android devices through Zinio. You can also purchase individual copies from the Ubuntu Software Centre.
Only print subscribers get access to our complete collection of DRM-free PDFs and early access to the latest issue.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter