Podcast Season 4 Episode 16
Title: Patent orgy
In this episode: Apple vs. Samsung woes. Mageia is getting very popular. Twitter joins the Linux Foundation and Miguel de Icaza thinks OS X killed the Linux desktop. Share in the wonder of our discoveries, hear Andrew and Graham rant and rave and feel part of the team in Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
- Lightning News:
Samsung has lost in this summer's blockbuster court case, Apple vs. Samsung episode 4. Mandriva-derived distro Mageia is number 2 in DistroWatch's 6 month rankings. Twitter joins the Linux Foundation. Robert Rosario removes his code after alleged GPL abuses, Miguel de Icaza thinks OS X killed the Linux desktop and Firefox 15 is out, hotpickers.
- Discovery of the week:
- The last version of AV Linux is awesome.
- Orange won't update his Android phone until a month before the contract expires.
- If you don't like KDE 4, then Razor-qt may be for you.
- F-Droid, an Android market place for Free Software.
- ctrl-r on Bash is brilliant for accessing your command history.
- Rants and Raves
Andrew rants and Graham raves.
- Speak Your Brains:
Thanks to John Wickliffe for his thoughts. You are awesome! If you want similar complementary things said about you next episode, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open Ballot: should technical court cases be decided by technical people?
- We're updating Facebook again.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save lots
Presenters:Ben Everard, Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza and Graham MorrisonOgg Vorbis and MP3.
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer1, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Only print subscribers get access to our complete collection of DRM-free PDFs and early access to the latest issue.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.