Podcast Season 4 Episode 13
In this episode: Steam'd Penguins. New hope for MeeGo. Buy loads of Raspberry Pis. Redphone is now open source. Project Sputnik has entered beta. Ouya open source console breaks Kickstarter records. Hear our on topic discoveries, your own opinions in the Open Ballot and some ranting and raving.
What's in the show:
- Lightning News:
- Steam'd Penguins - Valve's new Linux blog.
- Jolla is a new Finnish company that's brought MeeGo back from the dead.
- Raspberry Pis can now be ordered in bulk, after production was ramped up to 4000 units every day.
- Redphone is now open source, letting you make encrypted calls on your Android device with more confidence.
- Dell's Sputnik Linux developer laptop has entered beta. You can complete this form to apply for a discounted model.
- Ouya, an open hardware games console based on Android, has broken Kickstarter records, raising over $5 million.
- Discovery of the Week:
- Rants and Raves:
- Jon rants and Ben raves (and they're both about Linux!)
- Speak your brains:
Presenters: Gary Walker, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Ben Everard and Jonathan RobertsOgg Vorbis and MP3.
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Only print subscribers get access to our complete collection of DRM-free PDFs and early access to the latest issue.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.