Podcast Season 3 Episode 3
Title: Flying Pigs
In this episode: We try to bury the news, which includes the release of Debian 6.0 and KDE 4.6, along with some Android rumours. Hear how we faired with our challenge to contribute to an open source project, and share our discoveries from the last two weeks.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- In lieu of KDevelop not including any KDE templates, use KAppTemplate instead.
- The Mission Burritos, in Bristol, is not a restaurant but a Taqueria.
Debian 6.0 has been released, and it's got a spaceship theme! KDE 4.6 has been released and it doesn't have a spaceship theme. Then Mozilla team has revealed in its roadmap that it's planning to ship 4 major releases of Firefox this year. And there are rumours that Android 3.0, codenamed Honeycomb, may only be destined for tablet devices.
- You Dare Us:
- Sorry, did you say something? Hear our pitiful excuses and vapourous promises to do better next time.
- In The Dock:
It's Andrew's turn, and he's going to convince you to switch to Gnome.
- Open Ballot: will you attend a Linux event this year?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.