Title: Live from the WestGate Pub
In this episode: HP gives WebOS to the world, and Chrome is more secure than Firefox (according to Google). We discover an 80s games magazine, a Linux games client, a museum in Mexico and Mint's upgrade policy. Hear your views in our Open Ballot , plus, Mike joins us and Effy makes another video!
Take advantage of our Christmas subscription campaign, saving up to 50%, by following this link: http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat
And we're sorry for the background noise - we were in a pub playing festive music.
Check out Effy's video from the first few minutes of the podcast.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- ACE magazine from the late 80s used to give review scores out of 1000.
- Apparently, there's a Cornish pasty museum in Mexico.
- And Isohybrid is a brilliant tool for making distros boot off USB sticks.
- Linux can turn you into a monster. Well, it can if you upgrade Ubuntu with a Mint disc.
- The official Mint update instructions, where Clem asks whether you really want to update, are commendable.
- GnuCash needs a simple intro screen and beginners' tutorial.
- Rants and Raves
Mike and Jon both rave about awesome things.
- Speak Your Brains:
Thanks for your contributions, and we're sorry Graham forgot to bring them along with him. We'll read them next time. If you'd like this section to continue, email email@example.com.
- Open Ballot: Winners and Losers of 2011
- Check to see if we're still on Facebook here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save lots
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison, Jonathan Roberts and Mike Saunders
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Digital Editions: Linux Format is available on both Apple's iPhone/iPad/Touch and Android devices through Zinio. Print subscribers get access to our complete collection of DRM-free PDFs and early access to the latest issue.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.
A few images from Effy: 1 , 2 .
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter