Podcast Season 3 Episode 21
Title: Vienna Calling
In this episode: Mark Shuttleworth wants Ubuntu to be everywhere within the next couple of years, and we cover Nokia's developers' conference from last week. Listen to our awesome discoveries, share our joy and mirth in the new section and hear your own opinions in the wonderful Open Ballot.
Subliminal Advert: Download a free copy of issue 149 of Linux Format through our new Apple iPhone/iPad/Touch app.
What's in the show:
Sadly, but for the best reasons, Mike is leaving us (although he'll be around for a few more podcasts yet). If you'd like to join the team, take a look at Future's job site. In other news, Mark Shuttleworth has written on his blog that Ubuntu is going to be everywhere - on phones, tablets, TVs and smart screens. And Nokia has outlined the future of the Qt toolkit.
- Discovery of the week:
- The first episode of 'Brave New World' on Channel Four is proof that Linux is the can-do operating system.
- Burlesque isn't quite as good as you might expect from the Wikipedia description.
- arXiv - a pre-publication place for research papers.
- Technology can make children even more awesome. Mathletics.co.uk being a great example.
- The word 'Flak' is derived from the German phrase Fliegerabwehrkanone.
- Rants and Raves
Andrew and Jon tackle the worst and best of free software.
- Speak Your Brains:
Thanks for your contributions. We've only had a couple of responses recently, so if you'd like this section to continue, email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- Open Ballot: Is Android fragmentation a problem?
- Check to see if we're still on Facebook here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison and Jonathan Roberts.Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.