Podcast Season 3 Episode 19
Title: Best Laid Schemes
In this episode: Canonical launches an app developer portal and there's a new mobile Linux initiative. We create a whole new section of the podcast, discover lots of things and discuss whether secure booting will hinder Linux adoption.
ADVERTISEMENT: USA listeners can subscribe to Linux Format magazine from here, http://tinyurl.com/lxfoffer, whilst then rest of us can use the following link - http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/content/lp/linuxformat.
Thanks for your continued support!
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- Geek.com is reporting that there are approx. 2000 pre-orders per hour for Amazon's Kindle Fire tablet.
- We should write an investigative article on the potential for Android Market piracy.
- The TEA text editor is packaged as an ELF binary with no dependencies (other than Qt), including the pixmaps, manual and Morse code generator.
- New Section: Rants and Raves
Jon and Andrew tackle the new section in their own inimitable (thanks AutoCorrect!) styles.
- Speak Your Brains:
Thanks for your contributions. And as ever, if you'd like this section to continue, don't delay - email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- Open Ballot: Will "secure boot" hinder Linux adoption?
- Check to see if we're still on Facebook here.
- Don't forget: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to LOTS%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison, Jonathan Roberts and Mike Saunders.Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.