Title: Air Lacquer
In this episode: Chrome might replace Firefox in future versions of Ubuntu. Fedora 16 will make Btrfs the default filesystem. Firefox 5 has been released and Adobe is dropping Linux desktop support for Air. Share our cool discoveries from the last two weeks, hear how we fared installing Linux whilst blindfolded and we discuss your opinions in our Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- Nvidia's GT520 graphics card works well with Linux, and you can even send audio through its HDMI port.
- QMC2 is a brilliant frontend to SDLMAME.
- LifeHacker's report on Google's filter bubbles.
- ...and why you should consider switching your search portal to Duck Duck Go.
- In the world of football, a female defender for England is paid just £16,000 per year.
- There's a server management tool with a more stupid name than GScrot.
- Ardour's source code download page asks for a $45 donation.
- You Dare Us:
One of us actually tried it this time!
- Speak Your Brains:
We respond to three more of your emails. If you'd like this section to continue email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- Open Ballot: Is Ubuntu on the way out?
- We're still on Facebook! You can join the party here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Graham Morrison and Jonathan Roberts and Mike Saunders.
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter