Podcast Season 3 Episode 11
Title: Come back Mike!
In this episode: Mageia 1.0 has been released while ASUS promises three new netbooks running Linux. Meanwhile, back in California, Oracle tries to give OpenOffice.org to the Apache Foundation and you can hear some of our best discoveries, our worst challenge results, and your own opinions in our Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
- Discovery of the week:
- Generate an amazing set of UDP, OSC and HTTP messages from geometric paths with an awesome piece of software called Iannix.
- There's a great independent online music magazine called Ramen Music.
- German food isn't all bad.
- 1&1 irons out spikes in the electricity pumped into its data centre with a fly-wheel.
- People who hate DIY shouldn't build glass walls.
- Unity doesn't work.
- You Dare Us:
Share in our bug-squashing challenge success. Or not.
- Speak Your Brains:
We respond to three of your emails and come up with another awesome plan! If you'd like this section to continue email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
- Open Ballot: Do you trust the "cloud"?
- We're on Facebook! You can join the party here.
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Efrain Hernandez-Mendoza, Graham Morrison and Jonathan Roberts.Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.