Title: Pink Ponies, naturally
In this episode: The Android-based WePad takes on the mighty Apple iPad while Nokia and Intel launch MeeGo. Hear the results of our music-making challenge and ask yourselves, is Linux sexy?
What's in the show
A Linux-based iPad competitor, called the WePad, is supposedly being developed by a company called 'neofonie'. Ubuntu has 12 million users while Fedora has 24 million, according to Linux Planet. Nokia and Intel announce the first release of MeeGo.
- You Dare Us:
- Discovery of the week:
- Graham: Ubuntu's Windows installer, Wubi, is great for old Dell laptops running Windows.
- Mike: Autotrash can automagically manage your Trashcan.
- Andrew: The bloke who wrote part of XEmacs, Jamie Zawinski, now runs the DNA Lounge nightclub in San Francisco where Cypress Hill shot the video for 'Insane in the Brain' (and not House of Pain's 'Jump Around', although that was performed there at the Bomb party in 1993).
- Paul: Z shell is ace at finding things and makings aliases out of parameters.
- In the Hot Seat:
This episode's reluctant raconteur is Andrew Gregory.
- Open Ballot:
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to 40%
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
Music by Brad Sucks.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter