Podcast Season 2 Episode 5
Title: April Fools
In this episode: Ubuntu switches to base 10, Novell fights a takeover bid while Sony removes Linux support from its older Playstation 3 consoles. We reveal how little we've used Emacs and ask whether Wikipedia should use open codecs.
What's in the show
- You Dare Us:
- We reveal exactly how little we've managed to use GNU/Emacs over the last couple of weeks and think of something creative for our next challenge.
- Discovery of the week:
- Mike: GNU/Hurd-ng.
- Andrew: Debian's own Hurd distribution isn't very good if you want to install it.
- Graham: A retro synth studio, called Audiotool/Firestarter 1.0, developed entirely with Adobe's Flash.
- In the Hot Seat:
- Open Ballot: will a campaign to promote Theora and open codecs be a success?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
- This episode's star performer is Mike Saunders.
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Music by Brad Sucks.