Title: Badger Dog
In this episode: Nokia and Intel combine Maemo with Moblin to create MeeGo. OpenOffice.org 3.2 is here, and it's fast. We report back on our experiences of avoiding the command line and ask whether we'll ever use KDE 4.4.
What's in the show
- News: Intel's Moblin and Nokia's Maemo platforms are merging into a single project called MeeGo. OpenOffice.org 3.2 has been released and promises to be faster. And OggCamp is back and is a being held in Liverpool on the 1st and 2nd of May.
- You Dare Us:
We report back on our experiences of avoiding the command line and pick a new challenge for the next episode.
- Discovery of the week:
- Mike: Installing a game called Viking by typing apt:viking into the Firefox location bar.
- Graham: The barely functional WebSlice widget in KDE 4.4.
- Andrew: A Nokia phone running Symbian.
- In the Hot Seat
- This episode's victim is Andrew Gregory.
- Open Ballot: Will you take KDE 4.4 for a spin?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to
to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
Music by Brad Sucks.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter