Podcast Season 2 Episode 18
Title: Asbestos Gloves
In this episode: Both Mandriva and OpenOffice.org have been forked, while Microsoft sues Motorola for bits of Android. Try the results of our text adventure challenge and hear your own comments in our Open Ballot.
What's in the show:
Mandriva has been forked by its community into a new distribution no one can pronounce, called Mageia. OpenOffice.org has also been forked, this time by The Document Foundation, into a new suite the foundation is calling LibreOffice. Meanwhile, Microsoft sues Motorola for Android's ability to sync calendars, email and contacts, and Google creates a new image format it calls 'WebP'.
- You Dare Us:
- Discovery of the week:
- Amuse your friends and family by sending them URLs through ZombieURL.com.
- The usage of British English in Ubuntu's 10.10 trashcan is still rubbish.
- The Ulteo Online Virtual Desktop is an impressive piece of cloud-based virtual desktop technology.
- Journey to Alpha Centauri In Realtime takes 300 years to complete.
- The riff from Xenon 2's Bomb The Bass Megablast was taken from John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13.
- The Amiga 600 cost more to make than the Amiga 500.
- The racing lines in F-Zero don't work in real-life go-karting.
- In the Hot Seat:
- Open Ballot: Is Graham Morrison wrong?
- Graham Morrison dabbles with the wheel of misfortune.
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders.
Music by Brad Sucks.