Title: Dreaming Androids
In this episode: Google releases the Nexus One and Mark Shuttleworth has announced he's going to relinquish control of Canonical. Freescale unveils a Linux touch tablet and we ask whether 2010 could really, honestly, be the year of Linux on the desktop.
What's in the show
Hot Topic: We need your help for Season Two! Let us know your section ideas and links to any music you'd like us to use.
Here's a link to our new Coding Academy Special: http://www.linuxformat.com/codingacademy
...and the link to the Free Software Song lyrics.
Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to
to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
- News: Google releases a new Android 2.1-based smartphone called the Nexus One. Freescale reveals a Linux touch tablet and Mark Shuttleworth announces his intention to step-down as Canonical's CEO.
- Closed Ballot: Is this the year of Linux on the desktop?
- Discovery of the week:
- Mike: Google Chrome can count the number of goats teleported during any browsing session.
- Graham: Get out on your bike with OpenCycleMap.org
- Andrew: Some article about sex and music in the aforementioned Spectator
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter