Title: Linux Mint
In this episode: The Gnome community considers dropping GNU, while a Gnome screensaver is found to contain malware. We trawl through our favourite TuxRadar comments of the year and ask whether it's good to sue for GPL violations.
What's in the show
- News: After a discussion on the Gnome Foundation mailing list, the Gnome community has considered dropping its GNU affiliation. A Gnome screensaver on Gnome-Look.org has been discovered to contain a malicious script and ThinkGeek is selling Linux coins.
- Hot Topic: We trawl through our favourite TuxRadar comments of the year.
- Discovery of the week:
- Graham: add-apt-repository ppa:chromium-daily/ppa and apt-get [tab]
- Mike: Spy on people with GNU Xnee
- Paul: 48454c50
- Andrew: PACPL's KDE integration
- Open Ballot: Is it good to sue for GPL violations?
- Special offer: subscribe to Linux Format magazine and save up to
to 55% - that's just $7.62 an issue!
Presenters: Andrew Gregory, Paul Hudson, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders
Subscribe to the TuxRadar Podcast. Choose between Ogg Vorbis and MP3.
You should follow us on Identi.ca or Twitter