Booting Fedora from a USB stick
Q I've tried creating a bootable USB stick in Fedora using a downloaded Fedora 10 ISO. However, when I try to boot from this USB stick I get the message: "Could not find kernel image: Linux". Any suggestions?
A Are you using the right ISO image? It has to be a live CD image, not a standard installer disc ISO. The USB stick may have already contained another bootable distro that used Syslinux. In this case, it refused to overwrite some files, leaving a mix from Fedora and the previous installation. Delete everything from the flash drive before running the Fedora Live USB Creator.
- Triple booting Windows, Fedora and Knoppix
- Install Fedora software from a DVD
- Get wireless networking working in Fedora 9
- Screen goes black with Fedora and Nvidia GeForce graphics card
- Fedora 9: DNS problems for mobile broadband E220 connection